In the Payments Cards and Mobile September/October 2017 Issue
THE FUTURE OF MONEY
From Brixton in the UK to Nantes in France and Mombassa in Kenya, local currency schemes are growing. In the face of the financial crisis and changing technology, PCM investigates what communities are creating for themselves, and why. And what this can tell us about the future of money.
Post office organisations are the ultimate hybrid businesses, combining retail and financial services. With an enviable branch and logistics network at the heart of many communities, financial services via the post office are undergoing a reboot. But this is not without growing pains…
THE CAR’S THE STAR
Car makers, Big Tech and suppliers are all jostling to own customer relationships and data in the era of the connected car. Sound familiar?
- CASH STILL KING BUT CROWN PRINCE CONTACTLESS AWAITS
- MASTERCARD AND VISA LOSE MARKETSHARE TO UNIONPAY
- INNOVATION: AN ESSENTIAL CURRENCY FOR PAYMENTS IN AFRICA
- BITCOIN SOARS PAST RECORD $4,000 VALUE
- OPEN BANKING PRESENTS CHALLENGES FOR BANKS AND FINTECHS
- THE WORLD BEYOND FINTECH IN FINANCIAL SERVICES